The Concord neighbourhood is indeed one of the most popular communities in Vaughan, surrounded with the leading state of the art amenities, a strikingly impressive educational infrastructure, and an abundance of local recreational opportunities, including Canada’s Wonderland.
Concord is considered an ideal neighbourhood for families and other kinds of households, however, the neighbourhood is brimming with families and children, as young children form a large percentage of the total population. The neighborhood has many community activities focused on swimming, reading clubs, gardening and more.
We track years of completed developments, we then look at potential new developments and take in consideration things like appeal (demand) and infrastructure (updates).
Concord is largely an industrial area surrounded by the HWY & and Dufferin, and the residential real estate market sprawls between Dufferin and Rutherford. The market is brimming with charming townhouses, semi-detached homes, detached bungalows, and condo developments.
The neighbourhood has witnessed a steady pace of residential development as the surge for homeownership demand has increased over the years. The residents of Concord enjoy easy access to the neighbourhood and the surrounding neighbourhoods of Maple, Woodbridge and Thornhill. The Go Train allows residents easy access to the City of Toronto.
Concord includes incredible recreational opportunities and retail centres, including the Vaughan Mills shopping center, and Canada’s Wonderland, amongst many other parks, green spaces and entertainment arenas.
It is important to note that Concord can be accessed through two provincial highways, Highway 400 and Highway 407. The official boundaries of Concord stretch towards Dufferin Street, Steeles Avenue, Highway 400, and Carrville neighbourhood. The area between Highway 400 and east of Jane Street is also widely considered part of Concord even though it’s a new district of its own.
The Vaughan Metropolitan Centre also known as the VMC, is the newly planned out sector of Vaughan and has allowed the real estate market of Concord to rise as the neighbourhood and its surrounding streets have witnessed increased affordability and greater variety, in terms of residential townhomes, condo buildings and more.
Concord is also home to some of the best schools in Vaughan, and it is immensely popular for its state of the art educational infrastructure. Some of the best schools include Glen Shields Public School, Forest Run Public School and Wilshire Elementary School. Patria Kemp Community School, located on Dufferin Street, is the most popular school in Concord with a history that dates back to 1842. Concord is also home to the Yorkville University of the Toronto Film School.
The neighborhood is marked with affordability and superior living standards as home ownership remains strikingly high across Concord. Statistics reveal that 95% of the residents in Concord are homeowners, while the remaining 5% are renters.